The Wilderness Trust (Registered Charity no, 1011511) has four aims;
- Environmental Protection and Enhancement (Creating biodiversity)
- Promotion of the Arts
- Social Inclusion (Relief of suffering)
The Wilderness Trust was established in 1986 in Shropshire and registered as a charity in 1988 when it moved its base to mid Wales
Services it provides;
- Provision of a base where all its aims can be integrated,
- Volunteering opportunities on the land for people interested in all aspects of sustainable living
- Internship opportunities in land based subjects
- Education in traditional crafts – especially ancient crafts that are not so much practiced today.
- A Venue for land based gatherings
- A unique educational resource to be used by experimental archaeologists, schools, students and all those interested in the origins of agriculture.
- Managing land to create greater biodiversity – balancing the needs of production and conservation.
Current projects that it is seeking funding for in 2017;
- The reconstruction of a Neolithic tannery £1,000
- The reconstruction of an oak framed barn (Phase 1) – a base for the Out of Eden Project £11,000
Frances Blockley, Kevin Blockley, Freya Blockley, Dave Darby, Sharon Girardi, Rosa James, Ursula Freeman, Rob Rowe, Amrit Sachar, Adrian Thorius,